Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Is A Deal

On July 28 and 29, go buy a $0.50 piece of candy at World Market. This part is very important - insist that they give you a receipt.

No, candy has not become a tax deduction for you to itemize. Actually, the deal is that if you purchase anything at World Market on those two days, you get a code on the bottom of your receipt that's good for a free movie ticket at Fandango.com. We almost never go out to the movies anymore because at $10 a ticket, it's just not worth having some inconsiderate person share their excessively loud commentary over a movie that I'm perfectly capable of figuring out for myself. Yes, she probably shouldn't run upstairs in this horror film. Yes, I bet she falls for the other guy by the end of the romantic comedy. Yes, it is unrealistic for giant robots to be so fast (giant robots themselves are another story - I have a theory). But for $0.50? Well, I'd probably be no less annoyed, but I'd be out less money.

I will be checking this out and going to buy some candy tomorrow because I love a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment